Tuesday 16 April 2013

My First Tattoo

I got my first tattoo yesterday, regardless of being underage I knew it was something I really wanted. Here in Thailand I dont think there is any age restrictions for these things, or certainly if there is they are alot more relaxed than Britain (where I live). The Tattoo Parlour I went to was well maintained and as much as people worry of foreign shops as this, I can certainly say I wouldn't get better back at home even if I was the age of consent. I dont need to go into the ins and outs but I checked everything, they used a new needle, properly sterilised equipment  and on a whole I could not ask for more of the experience.

Here is my new tattoo-

I'm now going to begin to explain the meaning and the inspiration of this tat-

I started by having a vague idea that I wanted something meaningful so set out looking through tumblr for some ideas of what others had and how I could make it my own.

I found these designs and realised that I wanted a bird,  to represent a missed loved one (ie my uncle who passed in mid 2010). after deciding on the idea of the bird I realised I wanted something with a little of a twist. I did like the 'alightly sound' design as I thought it related to me well because I can be so gobby and talkative when infact i'm more of a shy character. but I felt i needed something abit more me, because that design looked abit to 'indie':P for me.

So I continued looking and came across the following design again on tumblr


once I had seen this I knew exactly what to do, to put a daisy (flower) in the beak of the bird. I looked at both the most common daisy and the yellow daisy and decided I would go for the rarer option.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice tattoo! :) I'm a fan as I got my first one a few years back on my back. My latest blog entry has one photo showing off my tattoo. Anyway, I'm already planning to get a second one and this ones going to be even bigger than the first and the first one in terms of size wasn't a joke. My bf who has tattoos everywhere was surprised by how big I went with it.

    They say, it becomes an addiction and they are right. No turning back now ;)

    Daphne xx

    http://cadadia-esdiferente.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete